A new business should go for Wordpress development or Shopify?

Noyan

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I'm in the process of setting up a new business and am at a crossroads when it comes to selecting the right platform for our website. After some research, I've narrowed it down to two options: WordPress and Shopify. Each seems to have its own strengths and ideal use cases, but I'm having a tough time deciding which is the best fit for my specific needs.

Could you share your experiences or insights on choosing between WordPress development and Shopify for a new business? Here are a few points I'm particularly interested in:

1. Ease of Use: Which platform is more user-friendly, especially for someone without a deep technical background?
  2. Scalability: As the business grows, which platform is better suited to scale up?
  3. Customization: How do the customization options compare between the two platforms? I'm looking for the ability to tailor the site extensively.
  4. Cost-Effectiveness: Considering setup costs, maintenance, and other potential expenses, which platform is more cost-effective in the long run?
  5. E-commerce Features: Since our business involves online sales, how robust are the e-commerce features of each platform?
Any advice, personal experiences, or resources you could share would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to your thoughts and thank you in advance for your help!

maehmoed.souid

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash

Wordpress development the best for all​

But for custom projects, I prefer custom React/Nodejs development

swiss

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Shopify will generally get you up and running quickly. Interface is easy to use and there is a plethora of apps to add to your store for extra functionality. Wordpress will give you much more options for customization, but scaling could be an issue after a certain point. It's not difficult, but the costs are going to go up significantly.

If you have experience in development, wordpress would be my suggestion. If not, or if you want to get up and running quickly, go for Shopify...

kqbra

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
With shopify you don`t have full control of the website but is more secure
with wordpress u can customize everything as you wish if you know basics and got a lot of plugins