Difference between Woocommerce and prestashop ?

rikel58284

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hello Guys,

Please what is the difference between Woocommerce and prestashop ? and which is better ?

Thanks,

xezanchi

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I would say prestashop as it is a platform built for ecommerse and woocommerce is wordpress which is a blog's platform adapted to ecommerce

FlyingPirate

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
It really depends on your goals and also on the themes you choose.
Prestashop is more robust, but Wordpress is easier and more flexible IMHO.

buharda

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Woocommerce is fine if you are used to Wordpress, however it's a nightmare when you want to upload images and such. Also it contains too many features that a small e-commerce website will never use. I tried both and I chose Prestashop by far.

Cosa7

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I prefear woocommerce for the support ans lot of plugind

pic16f876

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I prefer Prestashop as it's built for 1 purpose: Being a webshop. But Woo has it's advantages too in terms of design mostly.

yeti99

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I started on woocommerce. Wasn't for me as I was having too many problems with Word Press.

I switched to Presta Shop and haven't looked back. Night and day difference.

Nizou95

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I would say prestashop as it is a platform built for ecommerse

wesleyrdionisio

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Prestashop is built to work only as E-commerce plattform, and Woo is an Wordpress based plugin... Woo have many advantages in terms of plugins and layout construting

barrycollins

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I think they can't really be compared. Prestashop is a software created exclusively to create online stores, while Woocommerce (Wordpress) is a plugin that adds sales functionality to a website created with Wordpress. The differences between the two are many, let's see:

Regarding the design and themes:

WooCommerce

WooCommerce themes and design listings are really sorted. Which makes it easy to use for the new store owners using an online medium. The storefront which is another plugin in collaboration with WooCommerce has themes for free.

Themes in Woocommerce

Advantages

The themes are sorted on the basis of industry type.
Customization of themes and designs available. In case, the themes available do not suit your style, you can always customize them in WooCommerce.

Disadvantages

No disadvantages that can hamper your business.

PrestaShop

PrestaShop, too, provides different categories for themes and designs listed neatly. But, here comes the twist none of them are free.
Categories of themes in PrestaShop
T59hemes in PrestaShop

Advantages

The choice range is very vast. It has thousands of template styles in store.
Most of the themes are of decent quality. The premium ones especially are class apart.

Disadvantages

There is no customization available.
The installation of the themes is a tricky task. It sure will prove to be a nightmare for a newbie.

Regarding the price:

WooCommerce

Advantages

WooCommerce Storefront themes are Completely Free! and they have decent quality to it.
Even the non-free themes are not that costly. Most of them come for $39.

Disadvantages

The quality can be a little lacking than the premium templates of PrestaShop.

Prestashop

Advantages

The quality of Prestashop themes is a few steps in the lead. As we already pointed out that Prestashop premium templates are really classy ones.

Disadvantages

Although the categorization is done neatly, the rate of each template is way too high. The price ranges from 59 Euros to 99 Euros, whereas a larger number of theme costs 89 Euros. Which roughly converts to $68 for the least and $112 for the dearest.
No free themes are available.

Regarding customization:

WooCommerce

Advantages

Offers customization in themes, modules etc. Since WooCommerce is an open source CMS, it is re-writable by the users itself.
It offers easy customization policy. It has add-ons that can be applied as it is. In nutshell, no extensive coding skills are needed.

Disadvantages

Add-ons are plugins that are to be installed first in order to use.

Prestashop

Advantages

With PrestaShop, you get access to over 3,000 modules, which you can use to add almost any feature you can imagine to your store.
The modules can also be customized.

Disadvantages

To customize each and everything on the website, you need to be an expert in Coding. Though there are customization modules available as add-ons. But, there is a price to it which ranges from $29 to $299.

And more, and more…

I prefer Woocommerce for its versatility and ease of use and configuration, but on tastes ...

marcoste

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Well the woocomerce is built on wordpress and prestashop is platform as is. I prefer prestashop
Post automatically merged:

Prestashop is platform as is and woocommerce is built as wordpress plugin

Last edited:

Valden

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hi,

i prefer too wordpress with wcommercer lot of free plugin & theme is i think a litle bit difficult to take charge but it's ok.

Presta is more easy create a shop modify text add product 2 plugins and let's go

Deediezi

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
By experience, I don't really like Wordpress because the code is too ugly and doesn't have good practices of PHP. Sometimes we need a lack of time to do or debug something. But Prestashop is a bit same, except it's based on Symfony, a very good French framework so I think it's going to upgrade in a really good way. The new versions will encourage developers to program on a Symfony way and use Twig as a replacement of Smarty.

But I guess the best is still using Sylius, never tried at the moment because it has a big learning curve.

Kramix

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
prestashop is preferable for physical products I think

flux

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I prefer prestashop but woocommerce has a lot of more plugin to use and better support