Guide on how to fix lag/stuttering on CS2

xroxxanne

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hey guys,

I tried every tutorial on the internet and still I wasnt capable to run cs2 as smooth as csgo, but suddenly I tried this and I this fixed all my problems.

First of all, this probably dont boost your fps (but it can), just make your cs2 smoother.

(my problem was that due to high fps I got lot of stuttering and teleporting, not so much on Premier, but Deathmach was totally unplayble for me)

So here it is:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive and delete folder "directx_installer" (you can have different cs2 location)

then go to your windows tab and search "cleanup" and click disk cleanup, check that box with "DirectX Shader Cache" and then restart your computer.

❗You also need verify your game files in your steam library in cs2 before you launch the game❗

I tried to play DM and I was shocked that there is no lag & stuttering, so I wanted to share with other people with same problem.

❗❗❗ this might not boost your fps, but if you have problems with stuttering and lags with high fps, this gonna work for you ❗❗❗

Let me know if does work for you, I have some other settings that helped me with fps, but this one was literally game changing. GL & HF.