Addonsprestashop, hacked

jpierre62

Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hello
Addonsprestashop, hacked, the site is completely slowed down, what is interesting is that we manage to download the modules for free, I don't know how long it will last,without registration

malmsteen

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
website addons.prestashop.com is not available at the moment

moonfire

Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
To bad I missed it. Hopefully we get alot of new modules here on this forum :)

hxcode

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
Their server is too fragile, incredible!

mrznwww

Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
In my opinion, this is what happened with PS addons:

Some days ago, PrestaShop changed rules for addons purchase.
As we know, when you purchase an addon on PS store, you can download upgrades for a long time.
I know very well too many developers claim PrestaShop about this rule, due they can not sell new versions to same client: they was obligated to maintain versions forever or, at least, for a long time.
Finally, PrestaShop decides to change this policy. For a side, that's reasonable if u think PrestaShop win money every module sold (commission) so, making a sell policy like WordPress Addons (yearly subscription) developers can win more money and PrestaShop win more money... It's a perfect business.
Two days ago, load traffic on PrestaShop servers was increased 1500% due all people was accesing their account and downloading all their modules and, by other side, they was receiving a lot of DDOS attacks.

As we starting to say, in my opinion, PrestaShop has committed a big mistake changing this policy because PS modules are too much expensive than WordPress and, if there are no other way, I assume this forum will start to receive thousands of modules, people probably start to build small teams to make joint purchases and PS modules incomings will decrease a lot.

Hopefully, I founded this wonderful forum a couple of days ago and I'll share all my modules.

hxcode

Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash

As we know, when you purchase an addon on PS store, you can download upgrades for a long time.
I know very well too many developers claim PrestaShop about this rule, due they can not sell new versions to same client: they was obligated to maintain versions forever or, at least, for a long time.
Finally, PrestaShop decides to change this policy. For a side, that's reasonable if u think PrestaShop win money every module sold (commission) so, making a sell policy like WordPress Addons (yearly subscription) developers can win more money and PrestaShop win more money... It's a perfect business.
Two days ago, load traffic on PrestaShop servers was increased 1500% due all people was accesing their account and downloading all their modules and, by other side, they was receiving a lot of DDOS attacks.

As we starting to say, in my opinion, PrestaShop has committed a big mistake changing this policy because PS modules are too much expensive than WordPress and, if there are no other way, I assume this forum will start to receive thousands of modules, people probably start to build small teams to make joint purchases and PS modules incomings will decrease a lot.

Hopefully, I founded this wonderful forum a couple of days ago and I'll share all my modules.
You are right! Prestashop modules are too expensive. An online store does not only need one module, but more modules are really needed, but the cost will add up to an amazing amount, so people cannot afford such a fee. This forum was born.

rootabs

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Prestashop.com is offline, im seriously thinking about changing to magento

scorpionz

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash

Yeah, you are right! PrestaShop modules are too expensive. Can't wait for you sharing the modules.
;);)