Best strategy to update from Prestashop 1.6 to 1.7?

Detolox

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Hi community!

My prestashop shop is version 1.6 and I want to update to version 1.7. The problem is that the shop has already 30k products and have a lot of modules that are not compatible with version 1.7.

What is the best strategy to update a shop? I have to say that I want to update because currently the shop is extremely slow.

I try 1-click update and it does not work, also manually but my server died (time response). I have tried with a lot of tutorials from internet and none of them works.

Anyone has tried with some paid modules to update the shop??
Any advices??

PD. Sorry for my english! Thanks.

bloke

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Off at a tangent:

Thirtybees e-commerce is a more stable and bug-fixed version of Prestashop 1.6 with more free modules, growing user base and some helpful tekkies on the support forum. Would that be a safer bet? The sponsors even release more free modules over time. It works with the major PS 1.6 modules like the free Prestoolsuite , one or two customisation modules, Involic's module to connect to ebay, and cedcommerce ones for other markets. The minor PS 1.6 modules tend to work as well.

Prestashop 1.7 has less free functions than Prestashop 1.6 in an attempt to get you to pay for things that used to be free. The firm is notorious for leaving bugs unfixed, and there are loads of unanswered questions on the support forum, often going back years.

Instructions
Forum

Last edited: