v1.6-v1.7 Why prestashop modules always use override?

mymate20

Master
Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
I installed serveral module on my shop, but 4 of these modules need to override the same file cart.php, I don't know how to merge these files together.
It is really crazy to have this kind troubles, spent some days but still no solution. this is very bad design.

d-shilko

Pro
Master
Diamond
Elite
Reaction score
NullCash
I installed serveral module on my shop, but 4 of these modules need to override the same file cart.php, I don't know how to merge these files together.
It is really crazy to have this kind troubles, spent some days but still no solution. this is very bad design.
Hello. please, read the forum rules first! All questions should be placed in the Request thread.

Prestashop does not use overrides always. Overrides it is the solution to add not yet implemented Prestashop features.

Overall Prestashop is a highly scalable platform. And sometimes this high point depends on overrides! And merging overrides at all is not a problem to realize developers! But from another point of view, developers don't add this code to defend their work. Yeah, bro. You want to get a highly functional website, and they know what in this case you have to whether buy a module to get support for merge overrides or hire a developer and pay him.

And same for bugs in a module, mostly those not bugs. These are a kind of defense of the open source. If you are not a coder you never solve that problem :) They need 30 seconds to fix their self-bug. But to solve a problem you provide for coder full site access. And PS knows about all not payed modules.

mymate20

Master
Diamond
Elite
XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Of couse I will buy some modules, but I can not buy all modules I need, so I come here and share with others.

Some small bugs I can fix by myself, but if all modules need to override the same file, that is crazy, I have to ask the developer from all these modules to change files.