Which is better: WooCommerce or Magento?

avalonsuperstar

XNullUser
Reaction score
Website
billiemead.com
NullCash
Depends on your budget and your REALISTIC eCommerce goals. I have developed websites with both WordPress and Magento 1 & 2 for more than a decade and have successful deployed it for the right clients. I have seen start-ups try and launch on Magento without the correct server stack and it was a bigger disaster than a large site running on WordPress and Woo commerce. Bottom line, they both have a place, and neither are going anywhere anytime soon.

edu

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
In my opinion, WooCommerce is simpler and is suitable for those who don't have much development experience. Magento, in addition to being much more robust, requires complete development knowledge in order to maintain itself.

imjacobz

XNullUser
Reaction score
NullCash
Maybe I will try Prestashop, thanks for sharing.
Woocommerce: it's just a Wordpress extension, best for small websites, best for few products (SKU) catalog. It doesn't require users to have speacial skills. It's quite easy to use. Very economic because it works with shared hosting.

Prestashop: Mid to large size websites, no need to be a developper, lot of extensions but prices can be outrageous (Elasticsearch for exemple is not included and paid Elasticsearch extensions are quite expensive). Great templates (included some free ones on Github). Prestashop is also very economic because it works with shared hosting.

Magento: recommanded for mid to (very) large size websites but Magento requires dedicated server (expensive and not for everyone). You need to have some skills or ask for help (paid) from a Magento agency or from freelance developpers (paid). It's not for everyone. Think twice before choosing this one.